Ylopo is working tirelessly to help you, our clients, weather the storm and emerge positioned for ultimate success when this current health crisis passes. On our part, we have and will continue to put on valuable webinars for our entire community, we are producing and releasing Covid-19 crisis-related DyVA videos, and we are working on some new and exciting virtual tools for you to use and share with your clients. You can keep track of all of the resources we’re producing for you HERE.
On your end, now is the time to dig in and do the hard work! Today you should focus on cultivating your relationships with your future buyers and sellers. Please put people first, profits later! This is the time to show that you care, NOT that you’re trying to get them to transact right away. Read Ylopo CEO Howard Tager’s advice about how you should “cultivate now, conquer later!” in his letter to our clients.
Below we have compiled the most valuable action items that our top clients and some of the most successful real estate professionals in the country are taking RIGHT NOW. Our hope is that you dig in now and do the hard work necessary to come out on the other side of this crisis position for success.
1. Reach Out to Your Database
- Come from a place of empathy/compassion and service (NOT to sell!). This is about being a real person
- Ask how they are doing and if they need anything
- Listen to their concerns in general about their wellbeing, their families, etc.
- Listen to their concerns about the market and their home buying/selling journey
- Ask what their plans were before this crisis hit
- Ask what their plans are once the crisis passes
- Ask if they know anyone else that you should be talking to right now
- DON’T make predictions, DO talk about the data!
2. Use Video!
- When you get comfortable, you will realize video is so effective it will become your go-to approach for personalized communication
- Record short video clips to send to clients
- Use live video calls to check-in with your clients
- Offer virtual showings and virtual consults. Ylopo updated your home search site to request “virtual” showings and open houses--watch for these requests!
3. Use the New DyVa Virtual Showings Tool in Mission Control
- Ylopo developed a free tool for you to quickly create virtual showing videos to send to clients and post online
- Learn more and get started here.
4. Ramp up Remarketing
- Focus on remarketing to uncover opportunities to connect with your existing clients and cultivate new relationships
- Make sure your remarketing budget is appropriate for the size of your database (roughly $100 for every 1,000 leads)
- Turn on your new DyVA ads (specific to the current crisis)
- Evaluate your current marketing goals and make sure your budgets are aligned
- Reach out to Ylopo’s marketing team to see what they recommend for your account
5. Revamp your Branded Site
- Watch our Branded Site Updates webinar and keep an eye out for additional webinars coming soon
- Add Ylopo’s Virtual Showing Program page to your site
- Add your own local Covid-19 resources to your site
6. Evaluate your Systems
- What are you paying for that isn’t working for you?
- Clean up and organize your database
- Track your data! If you don’t already have them, create and implement KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) that will give you a clear measure of success.
- Do a SWOT analysis of your business: Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats
7. Provide Resources to Your Community. For example:
- Compile a list of restaurants open for take-out
- Post updated store hours, including senior-only shopping times
- Post ideas of activities to do at home with kids
- Post your favorite local businesses that are selling curbside or for delivery
8. Leverage the Ylopo Success Community on Facebook
- Our clients are generously posting their strategies and ideas every day for the benefit of the community. Join in the conversation!