Drip Emails and Listing Alerts are a great way to keep a lead engaged and coming back to your site, however, there may be some situations where these forms of communication may need to be paused or stopped. If a lead asked to be unsubscribed or you feel they shouldn't receive the emails or listing alerts further, you can follow the steps below to unsubscribe them.
If you would like to learn more about editing Listing Alerts, please refer to this article.
For a lead to be fully unsubscribed, you will need to unsubscribe them from all communications which include:
- Ylopo Stars- Listing Alerts
- Your CRM- The Ylopo Drip Emails
- Behavioral Text Messages- Please refer to this article for more information on behavioral text messages.
Ylopo Stars: Listing Alerts
There are two ways to unsubscribe a lead from listing alerts. The first is to open the leads Stars page and go to the agent toolkit. The option furthest to the right is Opt Lead Out of All Listing Alerts. By selecting this you will unsubscribe the lead.
The second option requires going into the listing alert.
1. Click on the "Edit Listing Alert" Ylopo Star's link from your CRM. You can also click on the Ylopo Star's link for the lead in your CRM then click on the first tab to the left in the middle of the page labeled "Listing Alerts". Click on the "Edit" button for any active Listing Alerts. The links for Ylopo Stars are in the comments section for a lead in LionDesk and the feed on the lead's page in Follow Up Boss.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the section "Listing Alert Settings". Uncheck the box for "Send Alerts for: New and Updated Listings".
3. Press submit and save. The lead has been unsubscribed for that Listing Alert. Make sure that you do this for all active listing alerts.
There is the option to unsubscribe directly through the listing alert email. You or the lead can click on the unsubscribe link from the Listing Alert email that they were sent. It is located on a green banner at the top of the email.
Ylopo Drip Emails
Below we have examples on how to unsubscribe leads from Ylopo Drip Emails for LionDesk and Follow Up Boss. Please refer to your CRM for more information on how to unsubscribe a lead from Ylopo Drip Emails.
Follow Up Boss: Ylopo Drip Campaigns
- Click on the people header at the top left of the screen on Follow up Boss to open your list of leads and click on the name of the lead you wish to unsubscribe. You can also use the search function on the top right of the page by typing in the specific lead's name.
- Scroll down to the Action Plans section of the lead page. Click on the drop-down menu that says "Running". It will open a menu that will give you the option to pause the action plan.
- Click on pause. The drop-down menu button will turn red and now say paused.
When the action plan is paused, the lead will no longer receive emails from that drip email campaign. You can turn back on the drip emails again at any time by clicking on the drop-down menu and selecting "Run". A lead will not receive emails from drip campaigns again unless they are manually turned back on.
A lead can manually unsubscribe from emails. Each of the emails that are sent from the drip campaign will have an unsubscribe link in the email. When a lead clicks this link, they will automatically be tagged in Follow Up Boss with the tag "Unsubscribed". This will prevent them from receiving any Action Plan emails in the future. In the lead's timeline on their lead page in Follow Up Boss, you can see which email they clicked the unsubscribe link from.
LionDesk: AutoPilot Drip Campaigns
There are two ways you can unsubscribe a lead from these emails in LionDesk.
- Click on the contact button on the left side of your LionDesk screen.
- Click on the name of the lead on the contact's page or use the search option on the upper right side of the page to search for a specific lead.
On the lead page, scroll down until you see the green box that says AutoPilot Drip Campaign Tasks.
- Click on the checkmark next to the email that is listed to delete that step of the drip campaign. That step will move to the bottom of the section and the text will have a line through it.
You can also follow the steps below to unsubscribe from all future AutoPilot Drip emails.
- At the top of the lead page, click the tab that says "Marketing"
On the marketing tab, there will be a section labeled "Active AutoPilot Drip Campaigns" This section lists all future tasks or emails that will be sent out to the lead. Click on "Remove Unfinished Tasks" which is next to the drip campaign you want to remove the lead from. Note: This will remove all future emails for that drip campaign.
When a lead is fully unsubscribed from the AutoPilot Drip Emails all of the listed emails will have a line through them under the AutoPilot Drip Campaign Tasks section and the Active AutoPilot Drip Campaign section on the marketing page will be empty.
Last Review: 9/10/21 Colleen M.