Important Note: If you've chosen to use a domain that you own for your Ylopo sites, you are responsible for the renewal for that domain, and any content previously hosted on it will be replaced by our sites, so please be sure to save that content before beginning this process!
If you're setting up your Ylopo websites on a domain that you already own, you'll need to take one extra step to get your sites up and running. You'll need to update the CNAME record or nameservers for your domain name in order for our content to appear on your site. Each hosting service is a bit different, but we've provided some general instructions here!
1. Log into your domain hosting account. If you feel comfortable with it, you can send us your account credentials and we can complete this update for you, or if you have GoDaddy, give us access!
2. Find the domain you're using for Ylopo. Often this will be in a "Domains" or "Manage Domains" section.
3. If you are updating the CNAME per our instructions, all you will need to do is add the below CNAME record to your domain host account for this domain. If you are updating nameservers, skip this step.
Record Type: CNAME
Points to: Portal.Ylopo.Com
TTL: 1 hour
4. Select the Manage Nameservers or DNS option, and replace any existing nameservers for the domain with all four of the nameservers you've received by email from our team. The email will be from email@example.com, and it's best to copy and paste the nameservers directly from the email.
5. Save in your domain hosting service, and reply to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm you've completed this step. It can take some time for the content to appear on the site, but our team will make sure it's looking good before moving forward!